Ran across a new app for both your computer and iPhone that will allow you to share and experience all high quality media for free! That means: no price tags and no limits on how much HD media users can share with friends and family. I love this, as many of my media sharing apps put limits on how much I can upload and how large my files can be. Freedom is great, especially when it’s free!
For you overachievers, LIBOX also lets you enjoy your entire collection of HD video, photos and music while multi-tasking on your iPhone or while browsing on any mobile device. On any version of the iPhone, including those running iOS4, you can instantly enjoy and share your entire media collection, no matter where it is stored locally, without worrying about storage limitations.
Now only 2 easy steps and you’re ready to go…
- Sign-up for a free account online and download the app to any desktops you want to sync with your mobile device. (Downloading the desktop app creates your own private cloud and keeps LIBOX free since it doesn’t rely on expensive cloud storage.)
- Add your media to your LIBOX account from your mobile and desktop apps. (Your media will sync or stream based on usage, storage availability and your Internet connection.)
The only negative I see to this is that all users have to have an account. For instance if I want to share with my friends they have to register for an account to view my media. Not sure all my contacts would be on board with that, but it’s fun for those who are and again, it’s FREE!
click on each image for a closer look»
For more information, here are details from the launch press release on August 25th:
iPhone App Lets Users Enjoy & Share Entire HD Media Collection on the Go with Multi-Tasking: Music, Video & Photos
LIBOX Platform Expands Free Service with Unlimited Mobile Playback and Sharing of HD Media
LIBOX, announced the availability of the first in a series of mobile additions to the LIBOX platform, expanding users’ ability to enjoy and share their entire media collection for free. Now LIBOX users can enjoy their entire collection of HD video, photos and music while multi-tasking on their iPhone or while browsing on any mobile device. On any version of the iPhone, including those running iOS4, users can instantly enjoy and share their entire media collection, no matter where it is stored locally, without worrying about storage limitations. As part of its core values, LIBOX strives to provide the finest HD media experience without ever charging users to enjoy their own media collection or ever limiting how much media users can share with friends and family.
The LIBOX beta service, for desktop and Web browsers, was made publicly available in June after nearly two years of development. The patent-pending technology intelligently syncs and streams media to create a seamless user experience for all types of media, across all types of devices. LIBOX can offer its service for free thanks to its innovative peer-to-peer and grid computing platform – an infinitely scalable alternative to expensive cloud storage solutions. (The API will be available for developers later this year.)
In addition to being able to play or view your entire media collection on the go while multi-tasking, the LIBOX iPhone app lets you capture and share HD media with as many friends and family as you like through the LIBOX platform. LIBOX apps for iPad and Android are next on the list with announcements coming soon. In the meantime, access your LIBOX account from the desktop app, any Web browser and get the full experience for LIBOX on the most popular mobile browsers, like Safari and Android.
You can add as much HD video, photo and music as you want via the iPhone app and it is instantly available to enjoy on any other device through the LIBOX platform. First download the LIBOX desktop app to all the computers you want to sync, then add media via the desktop app or via the iPhone app. View and play your entire media collection from your LIBOX account through the iPhone app or on any device with an Android or Safari mobile browser.
The LIBOX iPhone app takes full advantage of the new iPhone 4 and the multi-tasking features of the iOS4 operating system:
- Fast switch between LIBOX and other apps, picking up where you left off
- Listen to audio in the background
- Get calls while enjoying your media
- Complete tasks like uploading in the background while you use your phone for other activities
- Never-ending Playlist. Enjoy your entire music, photo and video collection wherever you are, regardless of the storage available on your iPhone.
- Intelligent Syncing and Streaming. Add any existing media from your iPhone to LIBOX and it automatically syncs or streams across all devices you use to access your LIBOX account based on your usage, without overloading the storage of any one device.
- Simple Sharing. Share your media with friends and family – the easy way. No email attachments, no uploading/downloading or wires required, and no limits on how much you share. Just hit the share button and LIBOX will transfer your media directly to the recipient in its original HD format without any loss in quality.
- All Media. LIBOX lets you enjoy all popular media formats for music, photos and video with “on the fly” conversion. With LIBOX you never have to think about whether you have the right type of media player.
- High Definition. Take full advantage of the 5 megapixel camera on the iPhone 4 by capturing HD video or photos with the LIBOX app. Your high def media will instantly be synced with all your devices running LIBOX, in full size and resolution and won’t be degraded when you share it with family and friends. Plus, view all of your HD media on the iPhone 4 on the great “retina display” screen with 326 dpi resolution.
Your media. Your way.