The primary focus for this section is general retouching of images.
Cloning vs. Healing Brush: the very basic difference is that cloning creates an edge to the cloned area which is visible while the healing brush depends on an alogorithm that tries to blend the corrected area.
The rest of this section deals with red eye correction and then, layer masks.
Adobe Photoshop CS4: An Introduction by Dr. Michael N. Roach is now for sale as a PDF
There are still a lot of people using Photoshop CS4 even though Photoshop CS5, and now Photoshop CS5.5, has been out for some time. We were contacted by a few students who are still in need of this information so, in the spirit of sharing, this series of downloadable lecture notes for CS4 has been made available.Originally, these notes were part of the material given out with the demonstrations and lectures during Dr. Roach’s Photoshop workshops. Much of the basics remain unchanged between CS3 and CS5, though the tools may have moved around.
Some of The Topics Covered Include:
- Photoshop CS4 : Intro to Color Settings, Menus, Tools, Healing Brushes
- Photoshop CS4 : Image Editing- Adjustment With Curves
- Photoshop CS4 Retouching: Curves, Levels & Exposure.
- Photoshop CS4: Rulers, Layers, and Type
- Adjusting Perspective with Photoshop
- Retouching Backgrounds
- General Retouching Techniques using Brushes, Red Eye, Layer Masks